- Department Overview
- Academic Programs
- Prospective Students
- What do Computer Engineering students do?
- What do Electrical Engineering students do?
- Curriculum & Courses
- Undergraduate Admissions Requirements
- Graduate Admissions Requirements and Application Deadlines
- Credit by Examination
- Transfer Information
- Student Organizations
- Resources to Help You Succeed
- International Students
- Living in Rolla
- Current Students
- Faculty, Staff & Facilities
- Alumni, Corporations & Partners
- Current Courses
- Useful Links
Professor and Graduate Coordinator
218 Emerson Electric Company Hall
401 West 16th Street
ECE Department Office
Rolla, MO 65409-0040
Areas of Interest
- Solid-state devices
- Sensor engineering
- Nanotechnology applications
- Biological microdevices and systems
- Ph.D. in Sensors Engineering, Kyungpook National University, South Korea, February 1997
- M.S. in Semiconductor Engineering, Kyungpook National University, South Korea, February 1991
- B.S in Electronic & Electrical Engineering, Kyungpook National University, South Korea, February 1989
- Zhefei Li, Frank Blum, Massimo Bertino, Chang- Soo Kim, Understanding the response of nanostructured polyaniline gas sensors , Sensors and Actuators, 183, 419 - 417, 2013.
- Zhan Gao, David B. Henthorn, Chang - Soo Kim, Sensor application of poly(ethylene glycol) diacrylate hydrogels chemically anchored on polymer surface, IEEE Sensors Journal, 13, 1690- 1698, 2013.
- Heeho Lee, Jinhyeon Choi, Jungil Ahn, Chang-Soo Kim, Jang-Kyoo Shin, A simple capacitive sensor array based on a metal-insulator -metal structure, Journal of Sensor Science and Technology, 21, 83-39, 2012.
- Nitin Radhakrishnan, Jongwon Park, Chang-Soo Kim, An oxidase based electrochemical fluidic sensor with high-sensitivity and low-interference by on-chip oxygen manipulation, Sensors, 12(7), 8955-8965, 2012.
- Sanghan Park, Satya Achanta, Chang-Soo Kim, Intensity-based oxygen imaging with a display screen and a color camera, Sensors & Actuators B-Chemical, 164, 101-108, 2012.
- Zhefei Li, Frank Blum, Massimo Bertino, Chang-Soo Kim, Amplified response and enhanced selectivity of metal-PANI fiber composite sensors, Sensors & Actuators B-Chemical, 161, 390- 395, 2012.
- Sijia Gong, Chang-Soo Kim, Optofluidic oxygen sensor with simple structure and low-cost materials, Sensor Letters, 13 (8), pp. 679-682, 2015
- Satya Achanta, Sanghan Park, Chang-Soo Kim, Phosphorescence and transmission measurements for chemical quantification with consumer optoelectronic products, Sensor Letters, 13 (8), pp. 674-678, 2015.
Conference Presentations/ Articles
- Chang-Soo Kim, A novel rhizobox to study hydrotropic responses of small plant roots, Missouri EPSCoR Annual Statewide Meeting, Jun 11, 2015.
- Altamash, Fakki, Salaheldein Ahmed, Jongwon Park, Chang-Soo Kim, Optical mouse as pH analyzer, IEEE Sensors Conference, DOI# 10.1109/ICSENS.2015.7370278, Daegu, South Korea, Nov 1-4, 2015.
- Satya Achanta, Sanghan Park, Chang-Soo Kim, Fluidics-based plant study platform with colorimetric humidity monitoring, IEEE Sensors Conference, DOI#10.1109/ICSENS.2015.7370627, Daegu, South Korea, Nov 1-4, 2015.
- Chang-Soo Kim, Consumer optoelectronics as bioanalytical tools: oxygen detection as a model analyte , The 7th Asia-Pacific Conference on Transducers and Micro/Nanosystems (APCOT 2014), Paper ID: Invited 5, Daegu, South Korea, Jun 30 - July 3, 2014.
- Sijia Gong, Chang-Soo Kim, Optofluidic oxygen sensor with low-cost materials, The 7th Asia-Pacific Conference on Transducers and Micro/Nanosystems (APCOT 2014), Paper ID: P1-28, Daegu, South Korea, Jun 30 - July 3, 2014.
- NSF CAREER (young investigator) award, February 2007
- School of Engineering Innovative Teaching Award, November 2006
- Claypool Medical Award, University of Missouri – Rolla, May 2006