Dr. Bo joined Missouri University of Science and Technology as an assistant professor in September 2017. He received the BSEE and MSEE degrees in electric power engineering from Southeast University (China) in 2000 and 2003, respectively, and received the Ph.D. degree from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville (UTK) in 2009. He worked at ZTE Corporation and Shenzhen Cermate Technologies Inc. as a software engineer and architect from 2003 to 2005, respectively. From 2009 to 2017, he worked at Midcontinent Independent Transmission System Operator (MISO) as a principal engineer and project manager. Dr.Bo is a senior member of IEEE, and an editor of IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy.
- Gan Zhou, Rui Bo, Lungsheng Chien, et al, "GPU-Based Batch LU-Factorization Solver for Concurrent Analysis of Massive Power Flows", IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, 2017
- Tao Ding, Cheng Li, Yongheng Yang, Rui Bo, Frede Blaabjerg, "Negative Reactance Impacts on the Eigenvalues of the Jacobian Matrix in Power Flow and Type-1 Low-Voltage Power-Flow Solutions", IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 3471-3481, Sept 2017
- Gan Zhou, Yanjun Feng, Rui Bo, Lungsheng Chien, et al, "GPU-Accelerated Batch-ACPF Solution for N-1 Static Security Analysis", IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 1406-1416, May 2017
- Tao Ding, Rui Bo, Zhaohong Bie, Xifan Wang, "Optimal Selection of Phase Shifting Transformer Adjustment in Optimal Power Flow", IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 2464-2465, May 2017
- Ming Ni, Rui Bo, Jie Yan, "Design of A Game Theory Based Defense System for Power System Cyber Security", The 7th Annual IEEE Int. Conf. on CYBER Technology in Automation, Control, and Intelligent Systems (IEEE-CYBER 2017), Hawaii, USA
- Fengyu Wang, Yonghong Chen, Kory Hedman, Rui Bo and Tao Ding, "A Nodal Regulation Reserve Pricing Model for Deregulated Power Systems", accepted, 49th North American Power Symposium, Morgantown, WV, USA, 2017.
- Rui Bo, Zheng Zhou, Fengyu Wang and Syne Salem, "Non-Critical Transmission Constraints Identification and Removal for Long-Range Production Cost Simulation Performance Improvement", accepted, Proceedings of 2017 IEEE PES General Meeting, Chicago, 2017
- Rui Bo, Charles Wu, Yifan Li, Ling Luo, Zheng Zhou, "Market Simulation Tool Benchmarking Analysis for Transmission Planning at MISO", to appear, Proceedings of 2016 IEEE PES General Meeting, Boston MA, 2016
- Rui Bo, Ming Ni, Qian Chen, Tao Ding, Chinese Translation of Allen J. Wood, Bruce F. Wollenberg, Gerald B. Sheblé’s book "Power Generation, Operation and Control (3rd Edition)", to be published, Tsinghua University Press (China), 2017
- NACPPA Outstanding Service Award, North America Chinese Power Professional Association (NACPPA), 2015
- MISO Outstanding Achievement Award, MISO, 2015
- MISO Outstanding Achievement Award, MISO, 2012
- 2012 IEEE Twin Cities Section Outstanding Engineer Award, IEEE, 2012