- Academic Programs
- Student Opportunities
- About ECE
- L. Yuan, B. Cheng, J. Huang, J. Liu, H. Wang, X. Lan, and H. Xiao. "Stress-induced birefringence and fabrication of in-fiber polarization devices by controlled femtosecond laser irradiations." Optics Express vol. 24, pp. 1062-1071, 2016.
- J. Huang, X. Lan, Y. Li, Y. Song, L. Hua, H. Xiao, “Microwave interrogated sapphire fiber Michelson interferometer for high temperature sensing,” IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, IEEE 27, no. 13, pp. 1398-1401, 2015
- J. Huang, X. Lan, M, Luo, H. Xiao, “Spatially continuous distributed fiber optic sensing using optical carrier based microwave interferometry,” Optics Express, vol. 22, pp. 18757-18769, 2014.
- J. Huang, T. Wei, T. Wang, J. Fan, and H. Xiao, “Control of Critical Coupling in a Coiled Coaxial Cable Resonator,” Review of Scientific instrument, vol. 85, pp. 016405RSI, 2014.
- J. Huang, X. Lan, A. Karl, H. Wang, L. Yuan, H. Xiao, “Temperature Compensated Refractometer based on a Cascaded SMS/LPFG Fiber Structure,” Sensors and Actuators: B-Chemical, vol. 198, pp. 384–387, 2014.
- J. Huang, T. Wei, J. Fan and H. Xiao, “Coaxial cable Bragg grating assisted microwave coupler,” Review of Scientific Instruments, vol.85, pp. 014703, 2014.
- S. Wu, T. Wei, J. Huang, H. Xiao and J. Fan, “Modeling of Coaxial Cable Bragg Grating by Coupled Mode Theory,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. pp, no. 99, pp. 1-9, 2014.
- L. Yuan, J. Huang, X. Lan, H. Wang, L. Jiang, Hai Xiao, “All-in-fiber optofluidic sensor fabricated by femtosecond laser assisted chemical etching,” Optics Letters, vol. 39, pp. 2358-2361, 2014.
- J. Huang, T. Wang, L. Hua, J. Fan, H. Xiao, M. Luo, “A Coaxial Cable Fabry-Perot Interferometer for Sensing Applications,” Sensors, vol. 13, pp.15252-15260, 2013.
- J. Huang, L. Hua, X. Lan, T. Wei, H. Xiao, “Microwave assisted reconstruction of optical interferograms for distributed fiber optic sensing,” Optics Express, vol. 21, pp. 18152-18159, 2013.
- J. Huang, X. Lan, H. Wang, L. Yuan, T. Wei, Z. Gao, H. Xiao, “Polymer optical fiber for large strain measurement based on multimode interference,” Optics Letters, vol. 37, pp. 4308-4310, 2012.
- J. Huang, X. Lan, T. Wei, Q. Han, Z. Gao, Z. Zhou, H. Xiao, “Radio Frequency Interrogated Actively Mode-locked Fiber Ring Laser for Sensing Application,” Optics Letters, vol. 37, pp. 494-496, 2012.
- X. Lan, J. Huang, Q. Han, T. Wei, Z. Gao, H. Jiang, J. Dong, H. Xiao, “Fiber Ring Laser Interrogated Zeolite Coated SMS Structure for Trace Chemical Detection,” Optics Letters, vol. 37, pp.1998-2000, 2012.
- T. Wei, J. Huang, X. Lan, Q. Han, H. Xiao, “Optical Fiber Sensor based on Radio Frequency Mach-Zehnder Interferometer,” Optics Letters, vol. 37, pp. 647-649, 2012.
- J. Huang, X. Lan, W. Zhu, B. Cheng, J. Fan, Z. Zhou, and H. Xiao, “Interferogram Reconstruction of Cascaded Coaxial Cable Fabry-Perot Interferometers for Distributed Sensing Application,” IEEE Sensors, In Press, 2016.
Conference Proceedings and Presentations
- J. Huang, L. Hua, L. Yuan, “Optical fiber based microwave-photonic interferometric sensors,” SPIE Proceedings, Photonics West, 13–18 Feb. 2016, San Francisco, California, USA.
- L. Yuan, B. Cheng, J. Liu, J. Huang, H. Xiao “All optical fiber polarization controlling devices fabricated by femtosecond laser irradiation,,” SPIE Proceedings, Photonics West, 13–18 Feb. 2016, San Francisco, California, USA.
- H. Xiao, J. Huang, X. Lan, “Optical carrier based microwave interferometric system and method,” US Patent 20, 140, 340, 671 (2014).
- H. Xiao, J. Huang, X. Lan, M. Luo, “Distributed microwave Fabry-Perot interferometers device and method for sensing applications,” US Patent 20, 150, 036, 147 (2014).
- 2015: 2rd place at the poster competition, Materials and Optics, Clemson University
- 2014: 3rd place at the poster competition, CCOMC Conference, Anderson, SC
- 2013: Professional enrichment grant at Clemson University
- 2012: IEEE Instrumentation & Measurement Society Graduate Fellowship Award
- 2012: Council of Graduate Students Travel Grant at Missouri S&T
- 2008: Outstanding Student Leadership Award at Tianjin University
Fiber optic sensors; Novel photonic/microwave micro/nano materials, structures, devices and sensors; Ultrafast laser machining, processing and characterization of micro/nano structures, materials and devices; Sensors and Instrumentation for applications in harsh environments; Microwave-photonic sensing, imaging and spectroscopy; Optical biomedical imaging and sensing (Photoacoustic tomography/spectroscopy)
- PhD, Electrical Engineering, Clemson University, 2015