- Academic Programs
- Student Opportunities
- About ECE
Daryl G. Beetner is a Professor of electrical and computer engineering. He conducts research on a wide variety of topics, including electromagnetic compatibility (emissions, immunity, power integrity and modeling) at the chip and systems level and detection and neutralization of the electronics used in explosive devices.
- C. Sui, L. Ren, X. Gao, J. Pan, J. L. Drewniak, and D. G. Beetner, “Predicting Statistical Characteristics of Jitter Due to Simultaneous Switching Noise,” IEEE Transaction on Electromagnetic Compatibility, to appear.
- M. S. Halligan, X. Tian, X. Li, S. Connor, D. G. Beetner, J. L. Drewniak, “Quantifying High-Density Connector Radiation in a Lossy Multi-Signal Environment,” IEEE Transaction on Electromagnetic Compatibility, to appear.
- X. Gao, C. Sui, S. Hemmady, J. Rivera, S. Yakura, L. Andivahis, D. Pommerenke, D. Beetner, “Modeling Delay Variations in CMOS Digital Logic Circuits Due to Electrical Disturbances in the Power Supply,” IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 57, No. 5, pp. 1179-87, 2015.
- N. Bondarenko, Z. Li, B. Xu, G. Li, T. Van Doren, D. Loken, P. Berger, D. Beetner, “A Measurement-Based Model of the Electromagnetic Emissions from a Power Inverter,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 30, No. 10, pp. 5522-31, 2015.
- C. Sui, S. Bai, T. Zhu, C. Cheng, and D. Beetner, “New Methods to Characterize Deterministic Jitter and Crosstalk-Induced Jitter From Measurements,” IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vo. 57, No. 4, pp. 877-84, 2015.
- G. Li, G. Hess, R. Hoeckele, S. Davidson, P. Jalbert, V. Khilkevich, T. Van Doren, D. Pommerenke, D. Beetner, “Measurement-Based Modeling and Worst-Case Estimation of Crosstalk Inside an Aircraft Cable Connector,” IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 57, No. 4, pp. 827-35, 2015.
- G. Li, W. Qian, A. Radchenko, J. He, T. Van Doren, D. Beetner, D. Pommerenke, G. Hess, R. Hoeckele, “Prediction of Radiated Emissions from Cables Over a Metal Plane Using a SPICE Model,” IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 57, No. 1, pp. 61-8, 2015.
- J. Zhang, X. Li, R. Moseley, D. Beetner, D. Pommerenke, “Predicting Field Coupling to an IC Using Measured Coupling Factors,” IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 56, No. 6, pp. 1287-1294, 2014.
- J. Zhang, J. Koo, R. Moseley, S. Herrin, X. Li, D. Beetner, D. Pommerenke, “Modeling injection of Electrical Fast Transients into power and IO pins of ICs,” IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 56, No. 6, pp. 1576-84, 2014.
- M. Halligan and D. Beetner, “Maximum Crosstalk Estimation in Lossless and Homogeneous Transmission Lines,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 62, No. 9, pp. 1953-61, 2014.
- C. Stagner, D. Beetner, S. Grant, “A Comparison of Algorithms for Detecting Synchronous Digital Devices Using Their Unintended Electromagnetic Emission,” IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 56, No. 6, pp. 1304-1312, 2014.
- M. Halligan and D. Beetner, “Maximum Crosstalk Estimation in Weakly Coupled Transmission Lines,” IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 56, No. 3, pp. 736-44, 2014.
- M. Halligan, D. Beetner, S. Grant, “Susceptibility Study of Audio Recording Devices to Electromagnetic Stimulations,” SAND report, Sandia Nat. Lab., Albuquerque, NM, Rep. SAND2014-0560, Feb. 2014.
- L. Ren, T. Li, S. Chandra, X. Chen, H. Bishnoi, S. Sun, P. Boyle, I. Zamek, J. Fan, D. Beetner, J. Drewniak, “Prediction of Power Supply Noise from Switching Activity in an FPGA,” IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 56, No. 3, pp. 699-706, 2014.
- D. Beetner, N. Bondarenko, S. Peng, and T. Van Doren, “Debugging of Electromagnetic Compatibility Issues”. In K. Fowler (Ed.), Managing the Development of Embedded Systems, Elsevier press. 2014.
- C. Stanger, S. Seguin, S. Grant, D. Beetner, “Detecting Electronic Initiators Using Electromagnetic Emissions,” Cases on Research and Knowledge Discovery, C. W. Brown, K.A. Peters, & K. A. Nyarko (Eds), PA: IGI Global, 2014.
- D. Beetner, S. Seguin, T. Hubing, “Electromagnetic Emissions Stimulation and Detection System,” Dec. 9, 2008, U.S. Patent no. 7,464,005.
- S. A. Seguin, D. G. Beetner, T. H. Hubing, “Electromagnetic Emissions Stimulation and Detection System,” US. Patent no. 7,853,437, Dec. 14, 2010.
- D. Beetner, A. Conrad, C. Stagner, S. Grant, S. Peng, N. Bondarenko, “Detecting Superheterodyne and Homodyne Receivers by Manipulating their Incidental RF Emissions with an External Stimulation,” invention disclosure, submitted Oct. 27, 2009, U.S. Prov. Patt App. No. 61/279,854.
- Alumni Hall of Fame award, Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville, 2015.
- Best Paper Award, Power Integrity and Signal Integrity, DesignCon 2015 (national award).
- Faculty Excellence Award, Missouri University of Science & Tech, 2008, 2003.
- Multiple Teaching commendations, where teacher ratings were high enough to qualify for the Outstanding Teaching Award but number of courses taught over the year were too low
- Finalist for Best Paper Award, 2008 IEEE International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility, August 2008.
- Finalist for Best Paper Award, DesignCon, Feb. 2008.
- C. Holmes MacDonald Outstanding Young Electrical Engineering Professor, 2003.The IEEE St Louis Section Outstanding Faculty Award, 2001
- Senior Member IEEE, 2003.
- Registered Professional Engineer in the state of Missouri, 2002-present.
Electromagnetic immunity and emissions; Electromagnetic modeling; IC Design and modeling; Detection and neutralization of electronic triggers used in explosives; Engineering education
- D.Sc.EE (1997) and M.S.EE (1994) from Washington University at St Louis.
- B.S.EE (1990) from Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville.