- Department Overview
- Academic Programs
- Prospective Students
- What do Computer Engineering students do?
- What do Electrical Engineering students do?
- Curriculum & Courses
- Undergraduate Admissions Requirements
- Graduate Admissions Requirements and Application Deadlines
- Credit by Examination
- Transfer Information
- Student Organizations
- Resources to Help You Succeed
- International Students
- Living in Rolla
- Current Students
- Faculty, Staff & Facilities
- Alumni, Corporations & Partners
- Current Courses
- Useful Links
Curriculum & Courses
Electrical Engineering Undergraduate Degree Requirement(Football Chart)Fall 2014 new 4-digit/old 3-digit numbers
Approved Humanities and Social Sciences Elective
- The Approved List of Humanities and Social Science Courses For Engineering Degrees
- Requirements for Humanities and Social Sciences Courses for Engineering Degrees
Computer Engineering Undergraduate Degree Requirement(Football Chart) Fall 2014 new 4-digit/old 3-digit numbers
Electrical Engineering Emphasis Area
- Circuits and electronics – Topics include network analysis and synthesis, computer-aided circuit design, distributed circuits, communication circuits, and linear and nonlinear electronic circuits.
- Communications and signal processing – Topics include coding, information theory, modulation, detection, filtering for both analog and digital systems, signal processing, image processing and wireless.
- Controls and systems engineering – Topics include resilience control, sensor design, wireless sensor networks and networked control systems, process control, optimal control and estimation, robust control, neural networks, fuzzy logic based control as applied to control of aircraft, space and underwater vehicles, automobiles, chemical processes, manufacturing, robotics, environmental systems and smart structural systems.
- Electromagnetics – Topics include electromagnetic compatibility and signal integrity for high-speed electronic systems, microwaves and applications to nondestructive testing and evaluation.
- Devices and optics – Topics include the characterization of semiconductor devices, fiber optics and sensors, optical methods applied to structural monitoring, and optical computing.
- Power and energy – Topics include power electronics, renewable resources, microgrids, motor drives, hybrid and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles and power systems.
Computer Engineering Emphasis Area
- Intergrated circuits and logic design: Topics include hardware/software co-design, IC design, electromagnetic compatibility, VLSI design, and secure embedded systems design.
- Networking, security and dependability: Topics include network analysis and synthesis, cyber-physical systems, wireless networks, sensor networks, dependability, and fault tolerance.
- Computer architecture and embedded systems: Topics include high performance systems, parallel processors, GPU computing, and heterogeneous systems architecture.
- Computational intelligence: Topics include clustering, adaptive resonance and reinforcement learning architectures, learning and adaptation, hardware and applications, neurofuzzy regression, traveling salesman problem heuristics, robotic swarms, bioinformatics, medical informatics, machine vision, and automation.