- Department Overview
- Academic Programs
- Prospective Students
- What do Computer Engineering students do?
- What do Electrical Engineering students do?
- Curriculum & Courses
- Undergraduate Admissions Requirements
- Applying: Step by Step
- Graduate Admissions Requirements and Application Deadlines
- Credit by Examination
- Transfer Information
- Student Organizations
- Resources to Help You Succeed
- International Students
- Living in Rolla
- Current Students
- Faculty, Staff & Facilities
- Alumni, Corporations & Partners
- Current Courses
- Useful Links
Areas of interest
- Machine learning
- Intelligent systems
- Data analytics
- Missouri University of Science and Technology (S&T), Rolla MO Post-doctoral Fellowship, Electrical and Computer Engineering Dept., May 2014 – May 2016 Advisor: Dr. Donald Wunsch II
- University of Missouri (MU), Columbia MO Post-doctoral Fellowship, Computer Science Dept., Nov 2011 – Dec 2013 Advisor: Dr. Ye Duan
- Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT), Chicago IL Doctor of Philosophy in Computer Science, Dec 2010 Thesis: “Computational Models for Historical Document Enhancement” Advisors: Drs. Gady Agam and Ophir Frieder
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering, Dec 2001
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (High Honors), May 2000
- T. Obafemi-Ajayi, G. Olbricht, C. Germeroth, L. Settles, T. N. Takahashi, J. H. Miles, D. Wunsch, “Genetic variant analysis of facially delineated clusters of boys with Autism Spectrum Disorders using family-based association testing”, submitted, Molecular Autism, 2016.
- T. Obafemi-Ajayi, J. H. Miles, T. N. Takahashi, W. Qi, K. Aldridge, M. Zhang, S. Xin, Y. He, Y. Duan, “Facial Structure Analysis separates Autism Spectrum Disorders into Meaningful Clinical Subgroups”, Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, pp. 1-16, 2014.
- R. Kanawong, T. Obafemi-Ajayi, T. Ma, D. Xu, S. Li, Y. Duan, “Automated Tongue Feature Extraction for ZHENG Classification in Traditional Chinese Medicine,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, Vol. 2012, Article ID 912852, 14 pages, 2012.
- T. Obafemi-Ajayi, G. Agam, “Character-Based Automated Human Perception Quality Assessment in Document Images”, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics Part A: Systems and Human, Vol.42, No.3, pp. 584-595, 2012.
- J. Matta, T. Nguyen, G. Ercal, T. Obafemi-Ajayi, “Applications of Novel Graph Theoretic Methods to Clustering Autism Spectrum Disorders Phenotypes”, accepted, International Conference on Bioinformatics and Computational Biology (BICOB) Mar 2017.
- J. Matta, T. Obafemi-Ajayi, J. Borwey, D. Wunsch, G. Ercal, “Robust Graph-theoretic Clustering Approaches Using Node-Based Resilience Measures”, IEEE International Conference on Data Mining, Dec 2016.
- K. Al-jabery, T. Obafemi-Ajayi, G. R. Olbricht, T. N. Takahashi, S. Kanne, D. Wunsch, “Ensemble Statistical and Subspace Clustering Model for Analysis of Autism Spectrum Disorder Phenotypes”, IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Conference August, 2016.
- T. Obafemi-Ajayi, D. Lam, T. Takahashi, S. Kanne, D. Wunsch, “Sorting the Phenotypic Heterogeneity of Autism Spectrum Disorders: a Hierarchical Clustering Model”, IEEE Conference on Computational Intelligence in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology 2015.
- J. Borwey, D. Ahlert, T. Obafemi-Ajayi, G. Ercal, “A Graph-Theoretic Clustering Methodology Based on Vertex Attack Tolerance”, 28th International FLAIRS Conference, Association for Advancement of Artificial Intelligence 2015.
- T. Obafemi-Ajayi, G. Agam, B, Xie, “Ensemble methods using simple features for document zone classification”, in Document Recognition and Retrieval XIX (Part