- Department Overview
- Academic Programs
- Prospective Students
- What do Computer Engineering students do?
- What do Electrical Engineering students do?
- Curriculum & Courses
- Undergraduate Admissions Requirements
- Graduate Admissions Requirements and Application Deadlines
- Credit by Examination
- Transfer Information
- Student Organizations
- Resources to Help You Succeed
- International Students
- Living in Rolla
- Current Students
- Faculty, Staff & Facilities
- Alumni, Corporations & Partners
- Current Courses
- Useful Links
RANDY H. MOSS
226 Emerson Electric Co. Hall
Rolla, MO 65409-0040
Areas of Interest
- Machine vision systems including medical and industrial applications
- Pattern recognition and image processing
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering (EE), University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign (UIUC), 1981
- M.S. in EE, University of Arkansas (U of A), Fayetteville, December, 1977, with high honors
- B.S. in EE, U of A, Fayetteville, December, 1975, with high honors
- R. Kaur, P. P. Albano, J. G. Cole, J. Hagerty, R. W. LeAnder, R. H. Moss, W. V. Stoecker. “Real-time Supervised Detection of Pink Areas in Dermoscopic Images of Melanoma: Importance of Color Shades, Texture and Location,” Skin Research and Technology. 2015 Nov; 21(4):466-73. doi: 10.1111/srt.12216. Epub 2015 Mar. 22.
- P. Guo, K. Banerjee, R.J. Stanley, R. Long, S. Antani, G. Thoma, R. Zuna, S.R. Frazier, R.H. Moss, W.V. Stoecker, “Nuclei-Based Features for Uterine Cervical Cancer Histology Image Analysis with Fusion-Based Classification,” IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics, vol. PP, no. 99, DOI: 10.1109/JBHI.2015.2483318, 2015.
- K. T. Maddala, R. H. Moss, W. V. Stoecker, J. R. Hagerty, J. Cole, N. K. Mishra, R. J. Stanley, “Adaptable Ring for Vision-Based Measurements and Shape Analysis,” Accepted for publication in IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement in December 2015.
- B. Cheng, R.J. Stanley, W.V. Stoecker, C.T.P. Osterwise, S.M.Stricklin, K.A. Hinton, R.H. Moss, M. Oliviero, H.S. Rabinovitz, “Automatic dirt trail analysis in dermoscopy images,” Skin Research and Technology, vol. 19, pp. e20-26, 2013.
- M. E. Celebi, W. V. Stoecker, and R. H. Moss, “Advances in Skin Cancer Image Analysis,” Computerized Medical Imaging and Graphics, Special Dermatology Issue, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 83–84, 2011
- H. Wang, R.H. Moss, X. Chen, R.J. Stanley, W.V. Stoecker, M. E. Celebi, J.M. Malters, J.M. Grichnik, A.A. Marghoob, H.S. Rabinovitz, S.W. Menzies, T.M. Szalapski, “Modified watershed technique and post-processing for segmentation of skin lesions in dermoscopy images,” Computerized Medical Imaging and Graphics, Special Dermatology Issue, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 116-120, March 2011
- A. Dalal, R.H. Moss, R.J. Stanley, W.V. Stoecker, K. Gupta, D.A. Calcara, J. Xu, B. Shrestha, R. Drugge, J.M. Malters, L. A. Perry, “Concentric decile segmentation of white and hypopigmented areas in dermoscopy images of skin lesions allows discrimination of malignant melanoma,” Computerized Medical Imaging and Graphics, Special Dermatology Issue, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 148-154, March 2011.
- Missouri S&T 2013-2014 Outstanding Teaching Award in 2014.
- UMR Outstanding Teacher Awards: 1986-87, 1996-97, 2002-2003,2005-2006.
- UMR School of Engineering Teaching Award, 2005