- Department Overview
- Academic Programs
- Prospective Students
- What do Computer Engineering students do?
- What do Electrical Engineering students do?
- Curriculum & Courses
- Undergraduate Admissions Requirements
- Applying: Step by Step
- Graduate Admissions Requirements and Application Deadlines
- Credit by Examination
- Transfer Information
- Student Organizations
- Resources to Help You Succeed
- International Students
- Living in Rolla
- Current Students
- Faculty, Staff & Facilities
- Alumni, Corporations & Partners
- Current Courses
- Useful Links
232 Emerson Electric Co. Hall
Rolla, MO 65409-0040
Areas of Interest
- Stability assessment in micro-grids
- Energy management
- Switching power converters
- VHF/UHF dc-dc converters
- Motor drives
Pourya Shamsi received his B.Sc. in electrical and computer engineering from the University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran, in 2007, and his Ph.D. in electrical and computer engineering from the University of Texas at Dallas, TX, in 2012.
- Post Doctorate Research Associate, Electrical Engineering The University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, TX USA - Research Topic: Automotive Drive Systems for Double Stator Switched Reluctance Motors.
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering The University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, TX USA, Nov 2012 - Dissertation Topic: Stability Assessment of a Multi-Port Power Electronic Interface (MPEI) in a Hybrid Micro Grid.
- B.Sc., Electrical Engineering The University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran, May 2007 - B.Sc. Project Topic: UPF, Low THD 3-Phase Grid Tied Rectifier
- X. Li, P. Shamsi, “Model Predictive Current Control of Switched Reluctance Motors with Inductance Auto-calibration,” IEEE transactions on Industrial Electronics, Early Access
- P. Shamsi, H. Xie, A. Longe, J. Joo, “Economic dispatch of a cooperative community microgrid,” IEEE transactions on smart grid, Early Access
- X. Li, P. Shamsi, “Inductance surface learning for model predictive current control of switched reluctance motors,” IEEE transactions on Transportation Electrification, vol.1, no.3, pp.287-297, Oct. 2015
- S. Mukherjee, P. Shamsi, M. Ferdowsi, “Impedance Shaping for Improved Load Sharing Among Inverters in AC Microgrids,” Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition (ECCE), 2015 IEEE, pp.738-744, 20-24 Sept. 2015
- P. Shamsi, M. Marsousi, X. Huaiqi, W. Fries, C. Shaffer, "Dictionary learning for short-term prediction of solar PV production," IEEE Power & Energy Society General Meeting, 2015, pp.1-5, 26-30 July 2015
- P. Shamsi, “Extended averaging method for power electronic converters,” Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition, 2014
- B. Fahimi, P. Shamsi, “Single Bus Star Connected Switched Reluctance Drive and Method” US Patent 20,150,002,055, Jan 1st 2015.