- Department Overview
- Academic Programs
- Prospective Students
- What do Computer Engineering students do?
- What do Electrical Engineering students do?
- Curriculum & Courses
- Undergraduate Admissions Requirements
- Graduate Admissions Requirements and Application Deadlines
- Credit by Examination
- Transfer Information
- Student Organizations
- Resources to Help You Succeed
- International Students
- Living in Rolla
- Current Students
- Faculty, Staff & Facilities
- Alumni, Corporations & Partners
- Current Courses
- Useful Links
KELVIN T. ERICKSON
221 Emerson Electric Co. Hall
Rolla, MO 65409-0040
Areas of Interest
- Manufacturing automation
- Programmable logic controllers (PLCs)
- Plantwide process control
- Model based predictive control
- System identification
- B.S.E.E. University of Missouri-Rolla, 1978 (now known as Missouri University of Science and Technology)
- M.S.E.E. University of Missouri-Rolla, 1979
- Ph.D.E.E. Iowa State University, 1983
- “Distance Lab for Automation Engineering,” Process Control and Safety Symposium, Houston, TX, Nov. 12, 2015.
- “Introduction to PLC Programming,” Process Control and Safety Symposium, Houston, TX, Oct. 9, 2014.
- “Introduction to HMI Programming,” Process Control and Safety Symposium, Houston, TX, Oct. 9, 2014.
- Erickson, K. T., Programmable Logic Controllers: An Emphasis on Design and Application, 3rd Ed, Dogwood Valley Press, 2016.
- Erickson, K. T., Allen-Bradley Programmable Logic Controllers: An Emphasis on Design and Application, Dogwood Valley Press, 2013.
- Erickson, K. T., Progammable Logic Controllers: An Emphasis on Designand Application,2ndEd, Dogwood Valley Press, 2011.
- Erickson, K. T. and Hedrick, J. L., Plantwide Process Control, Wiley, 1999.
- Gupta, K., A. McClanahan, K. Erickson and R. Zoughi, “Show Me the Road to Hydrogen, Task 5: Nondestructive Evaluation (NDE)”, Final Report, University Transportation Center (UTC), p. 45, December 2006
- Ramalingam, A., A. Miller, K. T. Erickson, “SCADA System Vulnerability Analysis,” Proceedings of the Working Together: R&D Partnerships in Homeland Security Conference, Boston, MA, April 27-28, 2005.
- Dunn-Norman, S., K. T. Erickson, E. Keith Stanek, and Ann Miller, “Reliability of Presure Signals in Offshore Pipeline Leak Detection,” final report to Department of the Interior, MMS TA&R Program, Feb. 4, 2005.
- Controls Laboratory Equipment, Missouri S&T (Co-principal Investigator with Jagannathan Sarangapani).
- UMR Faculty Excellence Award, 1989 -90, 1990 -91, 1991-92
- UMR Outstanding Teacher Award 1987 -88, 1988 -89, 1990-91, 1994-95,1998-99, 1999-2000, 2002-2003, 2003-2004, 2004-2005, 2005-2006, 2006-2007, 2007-2008, 2008-2009,2014-15
- IEEE Region 5 Outstanding Engineering Educator Award, 2015
- Dean of Engineering Teaching Excellence Award 2003-04