- Department Overview
- Academic Programs
- Prospective Students
- What do Computer Engineering students do?
- What do Electrical Engineering students do?
- Curriculum & Courses
- Undergraduate Admissions Requirements
- Graduate Admissions Requirements and Application Deadlines
- Credit by Examination
- Transfer Information
- Student Organizations
- Resources to Help You Succeed
- International Students
- Living in Rolla
- Current Students
- Faculty, Staff & Facilities
- Alumni, Corporations & Partners
- Current Courses
- Useful Links
EGEMEN K. ÇETİNKAYA
132 Emerson Electric Co. Hall
Rolla, MO 65409-0040
Areas Of Interest
- Design and analysis of resilient and dependable networks
- Development and simulation of network architectures and protocols
- Graph-theoretic approaches for modelling complex networks
- Wireless and mobile networks
- Network security
- Future internet architectures and software-deﬁned networks (SDN)
- Game-theoretic approaches in networks
Egemen K. Çetinkaya is an Assistant Professor in the Electrical & Computer Engineering Department at Missouri University of Science and Technology (formerly known as University of Missouri-Rolla). He received his Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from the University of Kansas in 2013. He received his B.S. degree in Electronics Engineering from Uludağ University (Bursa, Turkey) in 1999 and the M.S. degree in Electrical Engineering from University of Missouri-Rolla in 2001. He held various positions at Sprint as a support, system, and design engineer from 2001 until 2008. His research interests are in resilient networks. He is a senior member of the IEEE Communications Society, ACM SIGCOMM, and Sigma Xi.
- Ph.D. The University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS- Electrical Engineering, Dec. 2013 Dissertation: Modelling and Design of Resilient Networks under Challenges
- M.Sc. University of Missouri-Rolla, Rolla, MO- Electrical Engineering, Aug. 2001 Thesis: Reliability Analysis of SCADA Systems Used in Oil and Gas Industry
- B.Sc. Uludağ University, Bursa, Turkey- Electronics Engineering, Jun. 1999
- Egemen K. Çetinkaya, Mohammed J.F. Alenazi, Andrew M. Peck, Justin P.Rohrer, and James P.G. Sterbenz, “Multilevel Resilience Analysis of Transportation and Communication Networks,” Telecommunication Systems, Volume 60, Issue 4, pp. 515 – 537, December 2015.
- Jacek Rak, Mario Pickavet, Kishor S. Trivedi, Javier Alonso Lopez, Arie M.C.A. Koster, James P.G. Sterbenz,
Egemen K. Çetinkaya, Teresa Gomes, Matthias Gunkel, Krzysztof Walkowiak, and Dimitri Staessens, “Future Research Directions in Design of Reliable Communication Systems (Invited Panel Paper),” Telecommunication Systems, Volume 60, Issue 4, pp. 423 – 450, December 2015.
- Mohammed J.F. Alenazi, Egemen K. Çetinkaya, and James P.G. Sterbenz, “Cost-Eﬃcient Algebraic Connectivity Optimisation of Backbone Networks,” Optical Switching and Networking, Volume 14, Part 2, pp. 107 – 116, August 2014.
- Egemen K. Çetinkaya, Mohammed J.F. Alenazi, Yufei Cheng, Andrew M. Peck, and James P.G. Sterbenz, “A Comparative Analysis of Geometric Graph Models for Modelling Backbone Networks,” Optical Switching and Networking, Volume 14, Part 2, pp. 95 – 106, August 2014.
- James P.G. Sterbenz, David Hutchison, Egemen K. Çetinkaya, Abdul Jabbar, Justin P. Rohrer, Marcus Schöller, and Paul Smith, “Redundancy, Diversity, and Connectivity to Achieve Multilevel Network Resilience, Survivability, and Disruption Tolerance (Invited Paper),” Telecommunication Systems, Volume 56, Issue 1, pp. 17 – 31, May 2014.
- Deep Medhi, Byrav Ramamurthy, Caterina Scoglio, Justin P. Rohrer, Egemen K. Çetinkaya, Ramkumar Cherukuri, Xuan Liu, Pragatheeswaran Angu, Andy Bavier, Cort Buﬃngton, and James P.G. Sterbenz, “The GpENI Testbed: Network Infrastructure, Implementation Experience, and Experimentation,” Computer Networks, Volume 61, pp. 51 – 74, March 2014 (Special issue on Future Internet Testbeds – Part I).
- Rajgopal Yarlagadda, Srinath Pinnaka, and Egemen K. Çetinkaya, “A Time Evolving Weighted-Graph Analysis of Global Petroleum Exchange,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Workshop on Understanding the interplay between Sustainability, Resilience, and Robustness in networks (USRR), Munich, October 2015, pp. 266 – 273.
- Srinath Pinnaka, Rajgopal Yarlagadda, and Egemen K. Çetinkaya, “Modelling Robustness of Critical Infrastructure Networks,” in Proceedings of the 11th IEEE/IFIP International Conference on the Design of Reliable Communication Networks (DRCN), Kansas City, MO, March 2015, pp. 95 – 98.
- Mohammed J.F. Alenazi, Egemen K. Çetinkaya, and James P.G. Sterbenz, “Cost-Constrained and Centrality-Balanced Network Design Improvement,” in Proceedings of the 6th IEEE/IFIP International Workshop on Reliable Networks Design and Modeling (RNDM), Barcelona, November 2014, pp. 194 – 201.
- Mohammed J.F. Alenazi, Egemen K. Çetinkaya, and James P.G. Sterbenz, “Cost-Eﬃcient Network Improvement to Achieve Maximum Path Diversity,” in Proceedings of the 6th IEEE/IFIP International Workshop on Reliable Networks Design and Modeling (RNDM), Barcelona, November 2014, pp. 202 – 208.
- Class of 1942 Alumni Outstanding Teaching Award, Missouri University of Science and Technology, Rolla, MO, 2015
- Best Paper Award for the paper titled “Modelling Attacks and Challenges to Wireless Networks” in IEEE/IFIP International Workshop on Reliable Net-works Design and Modeling (RNDM), St. Petersburg, October 2012
- Best Poster Award for the poster titled “Resilience of Backbone Provider Net-works” in Great Plains Network Annual Meeting Student Poster Competition, Kansas City, MO, June 2012
- Sprint Excellence Award – awarded six times for outstanding accomplishments