- Department Overview
- Academic Programs
- Prospective Students
- What do Computer Engineering students do?
- What do Electrical Engineering students do?
- Curriculum & Courses
- Undergraduate Admissions Requirements
- Graduate Admissions Requirements and Application Deadlines
- Credit by Examination
- Transfer Information
- Student Organizations
- Resources to Help You Succeed
- International Students
- Living in Rolla
- Current Students
- Faculty, Staff & Facilities
- Alumni, Corporations & Partners
- Current Courses
- Useful Links
139 Emeraon Electric Co. Hall
Rolla, MO 65409-0040
Areas of Interest
- Signal and power Integrity of IC/package/PCB system
- Electromagnetic modeling
- Time and frequency domain simulation/measurement techniques
- B.S. Electrical Engineering, KAIST, Daejeon, Korea, 2007
- M.S. Electrical Engineering, KAIST, Daejeon, Korea, 2009
- Ph. D. Electrical Engineering, KAIST, Daejeon, Korea, 2012
- Chulsoon Hwang, Brice Achkir, and Jun Fan, "Capacitance Enhanced Though-Silicon Via for Power Distribution Networks in 3D-1Cs," IEEE Electron Device Letters, vol. 37, No. 4, pp. 478-481, Mar 2016.
- Chulsoon Hwang, Jae-Deok Lim, Gyu Yeong Cho, Hark-Byeong Park, and Hyun Ho Park, "A Novel Shielding Effectiveness of Small Shield Cans Based on Equivalent Dipole Moments for RF Interference Applications." IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, vol. 58, No. 3, pp. 766-775, June 2016.
- Chulsoon Hwang, Hark-Byeong Park, and Hyun Ho Park, “A Simple Estimation of TRP and Radiation Pattern for Mobile Antennas Using Planar Near-Field Scanning Method" Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 58, No. 6, pp.1437-1443, June 2016.
- Chulsoon Hwang, Woocheon Park, and Dong Gun Kam, “Complex Permittivity Extraction from PCB Stripline Measurement Using Recessed Probe Launch,” IEICE Electronics Express, vol. 12, No. 5, Mar 2015.
- Chulsoon Hwang, Jingook Kim, Brice Achkir, and Jun Fan, “Analytical Transfer Functions relating Power and Ground Voltage Fluctuations to Jitter at a Single-Ended Full-Swing Buffer,” IEEE Transactions on Components, Packaging and Manufacturing Technology, vol. 3, no. 1, pp.113-125, Jan. 2013.
- Chulsoon Hwang, Sunkyu Kong, David Pommerenke, Takashi Enomoto, Junji Maeshima, Kenji Araki, and Jun Fan, "Noise Coupling Path Analysis for RF Interference caused by a LCD Noise Modulation," accepted to IEEE International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility 2016.
- Chulsoon Hwang, Muqi Ouyang, and Jun Fan, "A Bandwidth Improvement Technique for An Edge Mount SMA Launch Structure in Multi-layer Boards," accepted to IEEE International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility 2016.
- Chulsoon Hwang, Kiyeong Kim, Jun So Pak, and Joungho Kim, "Protection of a Delay-Locked Loop from Simultaneous Switching Noise Coupling using an On-Chip Electromagnetic Bandgap Structure," in IEEE International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility, pp.544-548, Pittsburgh, PA, 6-10 Aug. 2012.
- Eakhwan Song, Youngkun Kwon, Wonseob Kim, Harkbyeong Park, Hyunsik Yun, Eun-Seok Hong, Chulsoon Hwang, ''Passive Equalizer Design for High-speed Digital Signal Transmission", U.S. patent. US9094240, April 21, 2014
- Cbulsoon Hwnag, Jungsu Ha, Kihyen Kim, Kilsu Go, "Wireless charging apparatus," Korea patent, P2013-0064890, June 5, 2013.